Daily Thoughts 07/11/2020

File:Pyle pirate candlelight.jpg
I am the Daughter of that Unfortunate Captain Keitt: a woman throws back her hood and reveals her
identity to a man. Howard Pyle, before 1911.

Daily Thoughts 07/11/2020

I posted on the library Facebook Group and Twitter.  Like most things you succeed by making things a consistent habit where you do them day after day.  This builds up over time.  Then when you have something worthwhile to say, it attracts a larger audience because you already have a consistent base group of followers.

I have been posting daily about the census.  I look around for different places to post.  Today I posted about the census in some Westchester Hispanic groups in the Facebook Groups.  I also posted a Spanish PSA Public Service Announcement on the census.  The 2010 census shows that Mount Vernon, New York is 12.3% Hispanic.  I think this has grown considerably.

I still read the news articles on libraries.  However, I don't think it is necessary to post them.  I find them on Google News, Bing News, Library Journal, Publishers Weekly, American Libraries Direct, LinkedIn, Facebook and other places.  There is always a constant stream of news.  A lot of it is silly and is designed to be entertaining and attraction like this article.


Book Lovers are Flocking to Livestreamed Bird Library

I am not as concerned about picking up everything.

I read some more of Martha Stewart's Organizing.  The first part is about setting up an annual calendar with a single major event on each day.  I don't do this.  I try and know what I am going to be doing in the next couple of days most of the time.  I keep a notebook with a to do list.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thoughts 12/19/2020

Daily Thoughts 08/04/2021

Weekly Thoughts 08/17/2021