Daily Thoughts 07/09/2020


Van Gogh, Irises, 1890

Daily Thoughts 07/09/2020

This is my second post as Start Over At the Beginning.  I am just warming up today with a public journal.  Part of the reason I wrote my old blog, Book Calendar was that I wanted to keep a public log of what I was doing.  I no longer feel that it is necessary.

I got a new webcam today.  I am still not that familiar with it.  It might take me some time to get used to it.

I am also planning to go to a conference in September online, the Library Advocacy and Funding Conference on September 14 through September 16.  https://www.everylibrary.org/lafconintro

This should be both interesting and useful.  I am going to focus a little more on highlights of what I am doing and less on the mundane things which I do every day.

Also, the imagery will change.  It will be a little more about my daily mood.

I am not going to just list articles any more as well.  I read a little bit of library literature every single day.

I looked through the Libby App on Overdrive but did not find anything which I wanted to read.  I checked out the book, Martha Stewart's Organizing The Manual for Bringing Order to Your Life, Home, & Routines.  I like to pretend that I can bring order to my own life.  I am like many librarians, I like to organize other peoples things, not so much my own.

I spent some time working on updating a marketing plan for the library which a colleague wrote.  I added a few things focused on government and community based organizations.

Today has been a bit challenging.  I went to the supermarket and had to bring my own bags because I like to walk there and back.  I bought the bags from the local Korean 99 cents store.  They have flower prints all over them.  The last time I went, they only had cheap paper bags which I really could not carry that easily.

I also printed some flyers for the census to distribute tomorrow.  We plan on walking up and down Gramatan avenue in Mount Vernon, New York to give them to the stores.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thoughts 12/19/2020

Daily Thoughts 08/04/2021

Weekly Thoughts 08/17/2021