Daily Thoughts 04/20/2021

 

L'Arléienne - Madame Ginoux with books, November 1888 or May 1889, Vincent Van Gogh

Daily Thoughts 04/202/2021

I finished reading Vincent's Books Van Gogh and the Writers Who Inspired Him by Mariella Guzzoni.  I enjoyed reading this.  It is an academic title which is very readable.  Some of the material which Van Gogh is interested in like Shakespeare and Charles Dickens is given an interesting perspective.  Van Gogh read to improve his art as well as for self reflection and enjoyment.  There are many excerpts from his letters describing what he is reading in this book.  I found the images went very well with the text.  I especially liked the paintings of books done by Van Gogh.

I spent some time watching a video about libraries and the Payment Protection Plan.  It was from the IMLS.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmRRO76jRPE

I read through several copies of the Times Literary Supplement, The New York Review of Books and the New York Times Book Review.

I also spent some time working on a grant for Arts Westchester which is due tomorrow.  It is for a local cartoonist and educator to come do a series of workshops on comics.  There would be two rounds of the workshop.

I looked at the new book displays.

I also did some weeding in the mezzanine in the 800s. It has been a very busy day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thoughts 12/19/2020

Daily Thoughts 08/04/2021

Weekly Thoughts 08/17/2021