Weekly Thoughts 08/17/2021

 

Katzenkonzert, David Teniers the Younger, circa 1649-1651

Weekly Thoughts 08/17/2021

I am reading The AI First Company how to Compete and Win With Artificial Intelligence by Ash Fontana.  I am reading about how artificial intelligence accelerates learning and turns data into useful information.

I checked the new book displays.

I worked on two orders of new books.  I read a copy of the New York Times Book Review.

I spent some time working on grants.  I am learning the process of how a conservator approaches assessing a painting and creating a plan to clean it.  I am also working on Arts Westchester grants.  There is a matching grant being done right now.

I spent some time discussing the local history room.

I also spent some time weeding in the 800s in the mezzanine.  My colleague is weeding the 800s on the main floor.

I am going to talk with an organization about Arts Westchester grants.

Editorial Overdue Fines Aren't Good for Borrowers or Libraries

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2021-08-10/library-overdue-fines-arent-good-for-readers

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thoughts 12/19/2020

Daily Thoughts 08/04/2021