Daily Thoughts 03/05/2021

 

Edward Richard Taylor, 1881, Birmingham Reference Library, The Reading Room

Daily Thoughts 03/05/2021

I finished reading Shaping the Future of the Fourth Industrial Revolution by Klaus Schwab.  This is a very solid guide to some of the technologies being developed now that will shape the future.  This book is about making decisions as a citizen or organization about how technology will affect people in the future.  It touches on policy and political actions to ensure the equitable and safe distribution of new technology.

I also read some more of Ask, Listen, Empower.  I am reading about how libraries can encourage people to participate in democracy and local politics.

I checked the displays.

I worked on two orders of new books.

I worked on weeding in the mezzanine in the 800s.

I am looking at the book, The Listening Path, the Creative Art of Attention by Julia Cameron.

“Arms’ Race Where We stand One Year Into the Covid-19 Crisis

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/libraries/article/85719-arms-race-where-we-stand-one-year-into-the-covid-19-crisis.html

Ensuring Equity, Diversity & Inclusion

http://publiclibrariesonline.org/2021/03/ensuring-equity-diversity-inclusion/

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thoughts 12/19/2020

Daily Thoughts 08/04/2021

Weekly Thoughts 08/17/2021