Daily Thoughts 01/27/2021

 


Pharos Of Alexandria, 1721, Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach

Daily Thoughts 01/27/2021

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook Group this morning.

I read a little more of Stay Woke this morning.

I also read some more of The Human Cosmos: Civilization and the Stars.  I am reading about how clocks began to be combined with astronomical symbolism and mechanisms to represent a version of a clockwork world.  The book describes the Antikythera mechanism and its relation to Cicero and Archimedes.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I talked to another librarian about some of our local authors from Mount Vernon, New York.

We closed early because there was Covid 19 at the library.  I have to take a Covid 19 test soon.


Mellon Foundation to Fund Diversity Programs at Library of Congress

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/27/arts/library-of-congress-diversity.html


5 Things I Miss About the Library

https://www.insidehighered.com/blogs/learning-innovation/5-things-i-miss-about-library




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thoughts 12/19/2020

Daily Thoughts 08/04/2021

Weekly Thoughts 08/17/2021