Daily Thoughts 12/16/2020

 

Cover of 1904 Opel catalog (detail), Art Nouveau style

Daily Thoughts 12/16/2020 

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook Group this morning.

I also read some more of Money The True Story of a Made Up Thing.  I am reading about the history of paper money and banking.  I like the story of John Law a genius in finance who was a gambler and banker.  He was one of the first people to develop mathematical concepts around probability.

I checked the displays and gift books.

I worked a little bit on grants.

The Mount Vernon Public Library Board of Trustees is voting on my step increase tonight.

I put in two orders for new books today.

I worked on weeding some books in the mezzanine.

I am looking at how we might shift some of the oversize books to the mezzanine.

Bookstore Sales Post Another 27% Decline

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/bookselling/article/85146-bookstore-sales-post-another-27-decline.html

Introducing Smithsonian Libraries and Archives

https://siarchives.si.edu/blog/introducing-smithsonian-libraries-and-archives

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thoughts 12/19/2020

Daily Thoughts 08/04/2021

Weekly Thoughts 08/17/2021