Daily Thoughts 12/10/2020

 

1946 Arkham House Advertisement

Daily Thoughts 12/10/2020

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook Group today.

On the way to work, I read some more of Lovecraft Country.  I like that there are several different interconnected stories with the same people in this book. 

I also read some more of Team Human.  I am reading about the idea that corporations are increasingly looking to reduce the number of people with software and artificial intelligence.  There is description of the idea of extraction of resources from communities by technology companies.

I checked the displays this morning.

We are working on a set of videos on Youtube of recordings of our Cloth Doll Workshop from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on December 8 and December 9 supported with a grant from Arts Westchester.

I put in an order for new books today.

I spent some time weeding the adult fiction in the mezzanine.

50 Fictional Librarians Ranked

https://lithub.com/50-fictional-librarians-ranked/?fbclid=IwAR2xl5ezkF44oK8OHZAmGPm8qZD-Y0NfZiMHTovSZzNRv0DkuRJYQPlUaok

Gaming On A Budget? Try Your Local Library

https://www.wired.com/story/free-games-libraries/

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thoughts 12/19/2020

Daily Thoughts 08/04/2021

Weekly Thoughts 08/17/2021