Daily Thoughts 08/04/2020

File:Remington The Fall of the Cowboy 1895.jpg
The Fall of the Cowboy, Frederic Remington, 1895


Daily Thoughts 08/04/2020

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook group this morning.

I read some more of Until the End of Time.  I am reading about creativity and instinct.

I spent more time checking on the census.  I also put in some orders for new books.  I checked the purchase alerts and the New York Times Bestseller lists as well as a few patron requests for books.

The library closed because of the storm Isaiah.  It took me four and a half hours to get home.  First they closed the Metro North, then I took a taxi to the subway.  The train I needed to catch only went part of the way so I had to take a taxi home.  I read a lot.

I read a graphic novel, Pulp by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips on Hoopla.  I like that the story mixes fiction with the life of the main character.  I thought the story was excellent.  It tells the story of a western gunman who in his old age writes pulp stories.  Then it takes an interesting twist and it gets involved with the emergence of the nazis in America.  I liked the theme of the heart and live by the gun and die by the gun.  The art work fit the story perfectly.  If you like adventure stories and hard boiled stories, this is excellent.


Americans Who Mainly Get Their News On Social Media Are Less Engaged, Less Knowledgeable

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thoughts 12/19/2020

Daily Thoughts 08/04/2021

Weekly Thoughts 08/17/2021