Daily Thoughts 07/23/2020


Daily Thoughts 07/23/2020

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook group this morning.  I also checked my LinkedIn account.

I spent a little more time on the census.  There is a meeting of The Complete Count Committee of the City of Mount Vernon at 5:30 p.m..  I am working late tonight so I will miss it.  My colleague is covering the meeting.  Then they are going to a Zoom meeting with the Fleetwood Neighborhood Association.  We are working on arranging for what to do with the census tablets.

I spent a little more time posting on social media.

On the way to work, I read some more of Language is Leadership.  I am reading about to connect and create commitment with my coworkers.

I also started reading Until the End of Time, Mind, Matter, and Our Search for Meaning In An Evolving Universe by Brian Greene.  I am reading about how pockets of order emerged from entropy at the beginning of the universe.


Machines Can Learn Unsupervised at the Speed of Light, After AI Breakthrough, Scientists Say

This is a major change which makes machines much faster with their processing power.

Penguin Random House Extends Open License for Online Readings Through 2020

Americans Visited Libraries More Than A Billion Times In One Year

Library of Congress Wants to Try Adding Humans to the Automated Process


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thoughts 12/19/2020

Daily Thoughts 08/04/2021

Weekly Thoughts 08/17/2021