Daily Thoughts 07/16/2020

File:Artichoke wallpaper Morris and Co J H Dearle no borders.jpg

"Artichoke" wallpaper,designed by John henry Dearle for Morris & Co. Printed design pre-1900

Daily Thoughts 07/16/2020

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook group this morning.

I posted a little more on the census.  We got some flyers in Spanish for the census.  People took a lot of the We Count Kids books.  I should be getting a shipment of material from the Westchester Library System for the census.

Last night I watched several episodes of Season 2 of Star Trek Discovery.

I also read some more of Martha Stewart's Organizing.  I am reading about how to plan for a garden year round.  There are a lot of organizational tips for gardening.

I have to work on scheduling today.

I came in today early to do a little more for the census.  The Westchester Library System sent me tote bags which are being handed out with the curbside pickup.  We also got a large batch of We Count Kids books in Spanish which we are giving to a committee member to distribute around the neighborhoods.

One of my colleagues is cleaning out her desk.  Hopefully she will be back soon.  She did the ESL and Citizenship classes as well as ordered the Spanish language material.

There is some new legislation around COVID 19 for libraries which is coming out.
http://www.ala.org/advocacy/sites/ala.org.advocacy/files/content/libfunding/LSFA_Summary_Final.pdf

We also spent a little time discussing the Resilient Communities Libraries Respond to Climate Change grant.
http://www.ala.org/tools/programming/climatechange/guidelines





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Thoughts 12/19/2020

Daily Thoughts 08/04/2021

Weekly Thoughts 08/17/2021